FleetBroadband Subscription Suspension
The Subscription Suspension discounts the subscription, and suspends the allowance up to 90 days per per each complete 12 month period.
There is an option to suspend the subscription (“Subscription Suspension”) for a number of the FleetBroadband rate plans. This functionality will apply to the rate plans as detailed in table below.
The Subscription Suspension discounts the subscription, and suspends the allowance. During the period of suspension all charges (should there be any) will be out of bundle rates. At the end of the suspension period the subscription is automatically unsuspended.
During the contract period, i.e. before the contract end date, the number of days the service was suspended for must be added to the end of the contract period; any new period will not start until that time. This does not apply once the SIM is outside its minimum contract period.
For clarity where there is a voice bundled rate plan option the underlying MB allowance will provide the basis for a subscription discount during the Subscription Suspension period.
If the Subscription Suspension takes place mid-month a pro-rated monthly full Subscription Charge will be applied for part of the month, with a prorated discounted Subscription Charge (as per table above) for the part of the month when the Subscription Suspension period is in force.
Period of suspension
The maximum number of suspension days offered is 90 days. The suspension days available can be taken in one or more periods of days up to a total of 90.
For example, a package rate plan that allows a 90 day suspension could take:
- One suspension of 90 days
- Two suspensions of 45 days
- Three of 30 days
- One of 20 days, one of 50 days, one of 15 days, and one of 5 days
- Any combination providing it does not exceed 90 days
During a suspension
- The allowance is suspended
- The allowance will work as normal in portions of the month pre and post suspension so that if the SIM is suspended mid-month then the first part of the month will still be able to take advantage of any allowance.
- The discount only applies after the suspension has started. So in the month of suspension the first part of the month is charged the full amount, and the 2nd part is charged the discounted amount
- Since subscription suspension is only being made available on monthly plans which are billed in arrears the discount is applied when the subscription is invoiced
- Suspensions are also available to AYCE plans, charging out of bundle rates including a predefined out of bundle rate for Standard IP.
- When the suspension is lifted the subscription will return to the full amount.
- It will not be possible to execute service orders on a suspended SIM. Service orders include, but are not limited to: Add/remove/change services, Change of rate plan, Change package.
- When a Subscription Suspension period occurs during the Minimum Duration, the period of the Subscription Suspension will not count towards the Minimum Duration period.
- The number of days the service was suspended for must be added to the end of the contract period; Any new period will not start until that time. This does not apply once the SIM is outside its minimum contract period.