Your Next-Generation Short Burst Data Transceiver
A breakthrough in cost and flexibility! Iridium 9602 is an extremely small, lower-cost, dependable Short Burst Data (SBD) transceiver, 69% smaller, 74% lighter and much lower-priced than the proven Iridium 9601.
Iridium 9602 is the next-generation Short Burst Data (SBD) transceiver - compact, dependable, versatile and highly responsive. Iridium 9602 is designed for integration into wireless data applications, providing the critical global data communications necessary for today’s complete solutions.
The Iridium 9602 leverages the truly global coverage of the Iridium satellite constellation and the low latency of the Short Burst Data (SBD) Service, making it ideal for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) solutions such as automatic vehicle location, asset monitoring, marine and personal tracking applications, alarms etc.
The Iridium Short-Burst Data (SBD) Service provides:
Mobile Originated messages (up to 340 bytes)
Mobile Terminated messages (up to 270 bytes)
Low, uniform global latency (less than 1 minute)
Authorized Iridium partners can create high value vertical market solutions based on the Iridium 9602 and SBD Service, offering a combination of: compact equipment (transceivers and antennas), low latency and global coverage.
Perfectly designed to be incorporated into an OEM solution.
- Single board transceiver
- Very small form factor offers unmatched flexibility
- No SIM card required
- Simple AT Command Interface
- Global coverage
- RoHS compliant
- Low power consumption
- Hardware - Length: 41.0 mm, Width: 45.0 mm, Height: 13.0 mm, Weight: 30 g
- Environmental conditions (operational mode) - Temp: -40ºC to + 85ºC, Humidity: 75% RH
- Single multi-pin interface connector for all device interfaces
- XXMC antenna connector (for small omni-directional L-Band antennas)
- GPS module antenna feed for shared antenna applications