Your Global Short-Burst-Data Transceiver
Iridium 9601 is a small, lower-cost, dependable Short Burst Data (SBD) transceiver for tracking, monitoring and alarms anywhere on the planet.
Iridium 9601 is a compact, dependable, highly versatile and responsive Short Burst Data (SBD) transceiver for a wide variety of applications including tracking, monitoring and alarms on a global basis.
The Iridium 9601 combines the global coverage of the Iridium satellite constellation with the low latency of the Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) Service, making it ideal for Iridium registered partners requiring a transceiver for SBD Service applications such as vehicle or vessel tracking solutions, monitoring applications, alarms and much more.
The Iridium Short-Burst Data (SBD) Service provides:
Mobile Originated messages (up to 340 bytes)
Mobile Terminated messages (up to 270 bytes)
Low, uniform global latency (less than 1 minute)
- Compact form factor
- 340 bytes per message
- No SIM card required
- Simple AT command interface
- Global coverage
- No Compatibility Issues
- Low power consumption
- Simple installation
- Hardware - Length: 106.4 mm, Width: 56.2 mm, Height: 13 mm, Weight: 117 g
- Environmental conditions (operational mode) - Temp: –35°C to +70°C, Humidity: ≤ 75% RH
- Single multi-pin interface connector for all device interfaces
- SMA antenna connector (for small omni-directional L-Band antennas)